Cablecraft Controls Technical Application Data
The Cablecraft Controls Technical Application Data has been prepared as a guideline reference to assist with installing our cables. The following cautions describe application and installation information
- Do not install Cablecraft®/Bristow® control cables on any application which may exceed any of the design parameters of the control cable.
- Cablecraft®/Bristow® control cables are designed and assembled to be non-repairable. Do not attempt to modify this control cable.
3. Cablecraft®/Bristow® control cables are designed to be contaminant resistant: not contaminant proof. Protect the cable from contaminants such as gas, oil, diesel fuel, water, dirt, and chemicals which may damage the control cable.
4. Protect the Cablecraft®/Bristow® control cable from physical damage by paint, kinking, vibration, etc, which may damage the control cable.
5. Cablecraft®/Bristow® control cables have the best load capacity in the pull mode. Always install the control cable so it pulls the greatest load, and pushes the smaller load; and pulls the item into the neutral or off position.
6. Do not install the Cablecraft®/Bristow® control cable with power on or the engine running. Serious injury or death could result.
7. The usable stroke must be centred within the available travel.